Getting to Toronto
Traveling by Air (2 airports)
Managed by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority, it is Canada’s principal airport with travel connections to every continent.
Taxis are available outside of every terminal and there is typically a taxi stand where you will be directed to a taxi. Taxis to downtown Toronto hotels cost between CAD 40 and 50, plus tip, and the trip will take about 30 – 40 minutes. (More information on Toronto’s public transit and taxi.)
Click here for information on traveling by public transit to/from Pearson Airport.
(Formerly Toronto City Centre Airport) It is located on Toronto Island, minutes from the downtown core with links to the city by a short ferry ride and shuttle.
Traveling by Train
Traveling by Car
Several highways, including Highways 2, 401, 407 (toll highway) and the 403 Queen Elizabeth Way, link surrounding cities to Toronto. Nearest Canada-US border crossings are at Niagara Falls, Fort Erie and Windsor, Ontario.
On March 30 and 31, 2014, the fourth Cyber Dialogue Conference will take place at the following venues:
Sunday, March 30, 2014
|Registration, welcome reception and plenary panel||William Doo Auditorium, New College, 45 Willcocks Street (map)|
|Reception and dinner||The Park Hyatt Hotel, 4 Avenue Road (map)|
Monday, March 31, 2014
|Breakfast and plenary sessions||William Doo Auditorium, New College, 45 Willcocks Street (map)|
|Lunch||The Faculty Club, 41 Willcocks Street (map)|
|Working Groups||Participants have been assigned to Working Groups, which will take place in the following buildings:
The conference hotel is The Park Hyatt Hotel.
4 Avenue Road
Toronto, Ontario M5R 2E8
Phone: +1 416 925 1234
If we made your hotel reservation for you, then you should have received a reservation confirmation number. If you have questions regarding your hotel booking, please contact Irene Poetranto at email@example.com or 416-946-8903.
Getting Around in Toronto
Traveling by Public Transit
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is the city’s public transportation system. It includes a subway system, streetcars and buses.
St. George subway station is within easy walking distance of the University of Toronto.
- Transit map of downtown Toronto
- TTC (subway) map
- Streetcar routes
- TTC fares
- University of Toronto campus map
Traveling by Taxi
Traveling by Limo
If you would like to book limo pick up to or from the airport, please call Aeroport Taxi at (416) 255-2211 or toll free 1-800-465-3434.
Toronto’s Fast Facts:
- Population: 2.48 million people, with 5 million in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
- Ranked as the safest large metropolitan area in North America by Places Rated Almanac.
- Toronto is recognized as one of the largest theatre centres in the English-speaking world, with more than 90 venues in the GTA. The city is considered “Hollywood North” by the film and television industry.
- More than 50 ballet and dance companies;
- Six opera companies;
- Two symphony orchestras, and
- 150 pieces of public art and monuments add to Toronto’s landscape in addition to the over 2,000 moveable works of fine art on display in public buildings such as City Hall and the civic centres.
- One of the most multicultural cities in the world, with more than 100 languages and dialects spoken here – more than 1/3 of Toronto residents speak a language other than English at home.
- 43 per cent of Toronto’s population reported themselves as being part of a visible minority
- Home to 79 ethnic language publications
The following attractions are located within walking distance of the University of Toronto:
- Bata Shoe Museum
- The Royal Ontario Museum
- George R. Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art
- Art Gallery of Ontario
Other attractions in and around Toronto:
- Reimbursements will not be processed without a signed and completed expense reimbursement form and all original receipts and documents.
- Expenses are paid in Canadian dollars, unless you indicated otherwise in the form, using the Bank of Canada’s prevailing exchange rates.
Claim items clarification:
- Airfare: Provide an itinerary showing the cost of the flights and original copies of boarding passes for all stages of the trip. Please note that the University reimburses basic economy fare only.
- Accommodation: Charges other than the room rate itself (e.g. telephone charges, room service, minibar, etc.) cannot be reimbursed.
- Per diem for meals: Since meals are provided during the conference, we do not provide participants with per diem.
We must receive your reimbursement forms and all original receipts by April 15. If you have questions regarding reimbursement, please contact Irene Poetranto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-946-8903.